- The Rock Trash au Go Go Show.
- Johnnie Holliday - vocals, guitar.
- Weeds - bass, vocals.
- Jak Kennedy - drums, vocals.
- The Trashettes - backing vocals.
- In a world where Ziggy Stardust writes songs for Marilyn Manson, and the Ramones are a T. Rex cover band,
- Star Star would certainly be able to get a few gigs.
- They originally formed in Hollywood when New Yorkers Johnnie Holliday (vocals, guitar), and Weeds (bass), were living life to a Sunset Strip beat.
- Star Star quickly signed to the Roadrunner label and took over 10 months to record the "The Love Drag Years", with producers/mixers Earle Mankey, Richard Gottehrer, Neil Kernon, and Phil Greene, across studios in New York and Los Angeles.
- A dark period followed when singer/guitarist Johnnie Holliday suffered a serious car accident, undergoing a number of surgeries.
- More major blows were dealt when guitarist Jay Hening committed suicide, and drummer Deon Molyneux passed away due to illness.
- With the underground scene in New York all but over, they left the States.
- While hanging in Europe they met drummer Jack Kennedy at a club, trying not to ruin his hair or spill his drink.
- Johnnie and Weeds liked that.... so being that he was quitting alcohol, they asked him to join the band.
- The years that followed saw the band maturing and defining their character. The turbulent "Love Drag Years" period inspired a new era in Star Star's unique story.
- Complimenting their live show are two girl backing singers, The Trashettes.
- While staying true to their club culture, Star Star also flaunts their underground sensibilities in high profile gigs as the lone opening act for bands like Alice Cooper, Guns n Roses, Girlschool, Marky Ramone, Joan Jett and a bunch more.
- A much delayed new album and a brand new Rock Trash Au Go Go Show are ready to be released Winter 2021.
- Fresh music for a New era...
by sharing their
Why not add your own message at the start of the post before sharing?
You can now create playlists using this icon on any video →
MUSIC BY THIS ARTIST
Select a track and press play in the audio player above